Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Zip zip zipper! (a.k.a. overrated)

I only have one thing left to do on this project, and I don't doubt it's going to take me all week to finish. I have to install a zipper... The fit isn't great (which makes me incredibly sad -- I've worked SO hard on this project, and I think that the person it's for probably won't wear it more than once or twice. But I will say that for a very fitted garment, it could have looked WAYYYY worse... Any advice about installing zippers would be greatly appreciated! I'll upload some photos of it tonight, most likely. I also realize that I should have installed the zipper along the straight seam first, and then tried to fit it using the side/back panels instead. Overall, this has been a really good learning experience. 

Parting words: I hate finishing all the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment