Saturday, March 9, 2013

COMMENCE AWESOMENESS

Project Number One.

Daunting.



I'm beginning the whole thing with something that completely goes against the whole purpose of my blog: to do two pinterest projects per month...

I'm off to a roaring start.


Anyway, I have a long-standing project that I have not completed in 5 months. The reason for not completing was because it was the principle of the thing, damnit! So now I've gotten past that, and I'm planning to finish this creation and give it to the person it is for as a birthday gift. 

That gives me exactly one month to finish it. Here's what I've got so far. 



It's a pile of a half-completed dress.  I still have to finish the inside seams before I start the hemming and put the zipper in, and the sleeves aren't on it yet either.

This is absolutely the first item I've ever made that will in the end (hopefully) be a tailored garment. I can't wait to see if it actually turned out because the last couple clothing items I've made haven't turned out. The other problem posed is that this is absolutely nothing like the pre-made pattern. The person I'm making it for requested *a lot* of changes. So here's to hoping it turns out! 



And a little bonus: here's a pic of the original pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment